Coronary Bypass Surgery
Other names: CABG, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, Open-Heart Surgery
What the Procedure Does?
Treats blocked heart arteries by creating new passages for blood to flow to your heart muscle. It works by taking arteries or veins from other parts of your body — called grafts — and using them to reroute the blood around the clogged artery. A patient may undergo one, two, three or more bypass grafts, depending on how many coronary arteries are blocked. Requires several days in the hospital.
- One of the most common and effective procedures to manage blockage of blood to the heart muscle.
- Improves the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
- Relieves chest pain (angina).
- Reduces risk of heart attack.
- Improves ability for physical activity.
Estimated costs in Turkey hospitals are between: 7000-11000$