Orthopedics and Traumatology
Through high-quality orthopedic surgery, various disorders and diseases of the bones and joints can be treated or potentially healed. In terms of orthopaedic and traumatology; we only work with hospitals that has commitment to research, development and innovation which ensures the most effective treatment and the latest procedures.
Orthopedics or orthopaedics is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis, care, prevention and treatment of deformities, injuries and diseases in the musculoskeletal system. This system includes the bones, ligaments, nerves, muscles, tendons and joints that work together as a person moves.
The physicians who pursue further training in this medical specialty are called orthopedists or orthopedic surgeons. Then, they can still pursue further training in any of the following examples of orthopedic sub-specialties:
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Joint pain
- Sports medicine
- Orthopedic trauma
- Knee and hip replacement
- Other sub-specialties
Knee Replacement Surgery
Generally, orthopedists explore first the non-surgical solutions to orthopedic cases. Hospitals in Turkey offer a wide range of non-surgical and surgical procedures to restore function and allow patients to be active again.
However, for those who experience mobility problems due to knee pain, knee replacement surgery or knee arthroplasty may be the most effective medical procedure.
The surgery typically replaces the damaged or diseased knee joint surfaces with plastic and metal components so that the knee can move without pain.
Patients who decide to have knee replacement in Turkey, whether partial or total, can save considerably on surgery costs than if they choose to have the surgery done in the United States, the UK and other European countries.
Hospitals in Turkey have the facilities for the rehabilitation following surgery as well as the mobility aids like canes or crutches that the patient may need.
Why people would like to have orthopedic surgery in Turkey?
Turkey continues to be a favorite destination for overseas patients seeking orthopedic surgery for the following major reasons:
- Turkey has good orthopedic surgeons and hospitals
- You will find many competent, experienced, world-class orthopedic surgeons who have been trained in advanced hospitals in the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.
- The state-of-the –art hospitals are well-equipped to perform a total or partial knee replacement. Some hospitals are affiliated with prestigious hospitals in the USA.
- Doctors and hospital staff are fluent in English. Most hospitals have multilingual patient coordinators.
- It is affordable in Turkey compared to most countries, especially Europe and the USA
- The cost of orthopedic surgery in Turkey is just a fraction of the cost in the USA and other European countries.
- The lower cost of living in Turkey is a major consideration especially for orthopedic surgeries that require rehabilitation after the patient has been discharged from the hospital.
Contact us for more information that you will need to make an informed decision.